2.11.2009

Heroes?

This are a few headlines from the last couple of weeks:

"A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs"
"I felt a tremendous pressure to play, and play really well" - Alex Rodriguez

"Michael Phelps: Olympic Champion Caught Smoking Marijuana"

"Chris Brown arrested Sunday after allegedly getting into a physical confrontation with a woman who has been identified as girlfriend Rihanna"

I’ve heard kids playing baseball asked their parents if they are ever going to be like Alex Rodriguez. Boys and girls swimming only wishing to be like Michael Phelps and girls looking up to Chris Brown saying “He’s the perfect guy.” I have used 2 out the 3 guys named up here as an illustration to my message.

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been hearing and watching all of our modern day “Heroes” go down. But more than anything it bothers me that all of these guys are people who our teenagers are looking up to. I’m not judging or looking down on them or anything. We all make mistakes, I think that we should pray for them and ask God to help them in whatever they are going through.

Here is my question for you... Who can our teenagers look up to? I am not saying only in sports and entertainment, but in life. Are they going to use the same excuse that Alex Rodriguez used “I felt a tremendous pressure to play, and play really well?” We all know that they are feeling a tremendous amount of pressure from parents, teachers, coaches, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends and more. So what are we going to do? I just want us to take a moment today and pray for the future of this world - not only today but everyday.


LG

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP